POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : yet another mengersponge... : Re: yet another mengersponge... Server Time
18 Aug 2024 20:15:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: yet another mengersponge...
From: Chris Huff
Date: 9 Mar 2001 06:54:28
Message: <chrishuff-913808.06504209032001@news.povray.org>
In article <3aa897cd@news.povray.org>, "Bonsai" <bon### [at] b0n541net>
wrote:

> ... but I was interested in the inner structures. Took my machine 2 days
> to render at 800x600. I think I have to work on the code...

It's too yellow for swiss cheese...
Hmm, I wonder what a semitransparent Menger sponge would look
like...it'd probably take a couple years to render with a decent
recursion level, though. And to get the transparency right, you would
need to use a completely transparent texture and attenuation (fade_color
would be useful).

--
Christopher James Huff

<><